WILLIAMS MIDDLE SCHOOL
410 WILLIAMS STREET | LONGMEADOW | MASSACHUSETTS | 01106 | P 413-565-4260 | F 413-565-4104
Williams Middle School is dedicated to the overall school district mission of ensuring all students excel in learning, succeed in life, and enrich our community. In addition, we are committed to supporting a successful transition from childhood to early adolescence. As mentors of change – personally, academically and socially, we will strive to:
- Create an environment for learning that develops a spirit of inquiry, encourages personal excellence, and fosters self-esteem.
- Support and encourage each individual to reach his/her potential.
- Provide a highly motivated and supportive staff, and a strong, diverse curriculum that recognizes and accommodates individual learning styles.
- Foster a community (climate) of understanding, compassion, and respect.
"All students, regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or homelessness, have equal access to the general education program and the full range of any occupational or vocational programs offered by the district."
Thank you Scout Troop 90 for cleaning the Williams Courtyard
13 - Multiples Day
20 - Pumpkin Carving 3pm in Cafe
24 - Picture Retakes
27 & 28 - Parent/Teacher Conferences
1/2 Day for all students Dismissal 11:30am
27 - Evening Conferences
Parent-Teacher Conferences - On Thursday, October 26th and Friday, October 27th, we will conduct our Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences. Those two days are half-days for all students. Conferences will take place from 12:30-3:00 on both days and we will have an evening session on October 26th that runs from 6:00-8:00. We will use our online scheduling system again this year for grades 7 & 8. Grade 6 students’ parents will be contacted directly by teachers for their conferences.
Fall Newsletter- Around the Courtyard
Changing the Game Project : A Day with John O'Sullivan
October 24th @LHS Click here for more info and to register
Student Activity Council
- October 13th will be Twin, Triplet, Quadruplet etc. Day. Find a friend or two or three... and dress alike.
- October 20th-Pumpkin Carving Party after school. Interested students should bring a scooped out pumpkin that day. Pumpkins can be stored in room 6. Carving tools will be provided. Cost is $4.00 for pizza and juice.
All parents and guardians of Longmeadow students in grades 6-12 are invited to attend a meeting of the Longmeadow Safe Homes Network, Thursday, September 28th at 8:45am in room 97 at Longmeadow High School. The Safe Homes Network is made up of families who offer safe environments for teens to socialize while presenting a clear message opposing teen drug and alcohol use. Our first meeting will focus on identifying parent needs and concerns regarding substance use prevention.