WILLIAMS MIDDLE SCHOOL
410 WILLIAMS STREET | LONGMEADOW | MASSACHUSETTS | 01106 | P 413-565-4260
Williams Middle School is dedicated to the overall school district mission of ensuring all students excel in learning, succeed in life, and enrich our community. In addition, we are committed to supporting a successful transition from childhood to early adolescence. As mentors of change – personally, academically and socially, we will strive to:
- Create an environment for learning that develops a spirit of inquiry, encourages personal excellence, and fosters self-esteem.
- Support and encourage each individual to reach his/her potential.
- Provide a highly motivated and supportive staff, and a strong, diverse curriculum that recognizes and accommodates individual learning styles.
- Foster a community (climate) of understanding, compassion, and respect.
"All students, regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or homelessness, have equal access to the general education program and the full range of any occupational or vocational programs offered by the district."
8:20 AM - 2:50 PM
TO REPORT AN ABSENCE
PLEASE CALL 413-565-4260
Longmeadow Schools will be closed on Monday, December 2, 2019 due to the winter storm which will create challenging conditions throughout the day. Snow Day #1
6 - T1 Report cards distributed
11- Gr 8 DA Assembly
21 - Jan 1 Winter Break
2 - School resumes
17 - 1/2 Day for students; PD for staff
20- MLK Day No School
For this month, we'll be collecting new mittens, scarves, and hats for Horizons for Homeless Children. We will put the donations on our wish trees and we see which grade collects the most. The prize is helping others. ; ) All donations are due by December 19th. Thanks!
Dec. 16th-Crazy Hair/Socks
Dec. 17th-Twin Tuesday ( Triplets etc.)
Dec. 18th-Team Jersey
Dec. 19th-Ugly Sweater
Dec. 20th-Freaky Friday-we dress like the students/they dress like us.
Students and staff showing off their hats for Hat Not Hate Day
Longmeadow Public Schools is pleased to provide the students and families of Longmeadow with a K-8 Student Handbook that articulates parent and student rights and responsibilities and serves as a disciplinary code of conduct. We believe that this handbook is a reflection of our deep commitment to establishing safe, supportive, and orderly learning environments where the expectations for staff and students are clear and widely understood. Additionally, we view this handbook as a reflection of the District’s firm and enduring commitment to creating schools that are welcoming, inclusive and free from discrimination, harassment and bullying. We hope that this document serves our families as a valuable reference and guide to the statutes, regulations, policies and practices that govern the operation of our schools.
The 2019-2020 Handbook is available on the WMS and LPS District Website under the Parents tab or at this link
- School begins promptly at 8:30 am and ends at 2:50 pm.
- Students may enter the building at 8:20 am. Students arriving prior to 8:20 are encouraged to gather by their grade level in specific areas. (After 8:20, the students can enter through the main entrance.) Please see the map for more details: Map of WMS and Grade Level Points of Entry.