WILLIAMS MIDDLE SCHOOL
410 WILLIAMS STREET | LONGMEADOW | MASSACHUSETTS | 01106 | P 413-565-4260
Williams Middle School is dedicated to the overall school district mission of ensuring all students excel in learning, succeed in life, and enrich our community. In addition, we are committed to supporting a successful transition from childhood to early adolescence. As mentors of change – personally, academically and socially, we will strive to:
- Create an environment for learning that develops a spirit of inquiry, encourages personal excellence, and fosters self-esteem.
- Support and encourage each individual to reach his/her potential.
- Provide a highly motivated and supportive staff, and a strong, diverse curriculum that recognizes and accommodates individual learning styles.
- Foster a community (climate) of understanding, compassion, and respect.
"All students, regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or homelessness, have equal access to the general education program and the full range of any occupational or vocational programs offered by the district."
8:20 AM - 2:50 PM
TO REPORT AN ABSENCE
PLEASE CALL 413-565-4260
21- New Student Orientation 10:00 am
29 - First day of school
2 - Labor Day (no school)
5 - Picture Day
12 - Back-to-School Night
30 - Rosh Hashanah (no school)
9 - Yom Kippur (no school)
14 - Columbus Day (no school)
15 - Teacher Professional Development Day (no school for students)
22 - Picture Retakes
24-25 Parent/Teacher Conferences (½ day for students-11:30 am dismissal)
24 - Evening conferences (6:00-8:00 pm)
School Schedule: What to Expect on the First Day and Beyond
- School begins promptly at 8:30 am and ends at 2:50 pm.
- Students may enter the building at 8:20 am. Students arriving prior to 8:20 are encouraged to gather by their grade level in specific areas. (After 8:20, the students can enter through the main entrance.) Please see the map for more details: Map of WMS and Grade Level Points of Entry.
- All students on the first day of school report to their Advisory TEAM. Staff will be located throughout the building assisting and directing students to ensure they get to the right location.
- On the first day, the students will spend a significant portion of the day in their Advisory team. They will visit each class throughout the day.
- Please see the modified schedule for Day 1: Parent copy of Day 1 Schedule
*Paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork will be given to the students at the end of the first day to be brought home, reviewed, signed, and returned. Be on the lookout.
All LPS parents and staff are invited to Longmeadow High on Friday, September 6th at 5:30 p.m. for fine, Food-Truck dining and a panel conversation on how we can all work together to help our youth make healthy decisions when it comes to alcohol, marijuana, vaping and other substance use. More details are included on the flyer.
Longmeadow Public Schools is pleased to provide the students and families of Longmeadow with a K-8 Student Handbook that articulates parent and student rights and responsibilities and serves as a disciplinary code of conduct. We believe that this handbook is a reflection of our deep commitment to establishing safe, supportive, and orderly learning environments where the expectations for staff and students are clear and widely understood. Additionally, we view this handbook as a reflection of the District’s firm and enduring commitment to creating schools that are welcoming, inclusive and free from discrimination, harassment and bullying. We hope that this document serves our families as a valuable reference and guide to the statutes, regulations, policies and practices that govern the operation of our schools.
The 2019-2020 Handbook is available on the WMS and LPS District Website under the Parents tab or at this link